Yes, I’ve pre-ordered my Dead Island: Riptide Collectors Edition set. I’ve played the first game straight through twice. Am I ready? Not yet. DIR is gonna make sure I am though by kicking down with a couple of cool Pre-Order DLCs. Check out the details below…
Dead Island Riptide is the thrilling next chapter in the Dead Island universe. Co-op has never been more important as Dead Island Riptide players band together to defend new, key territories in water-soaked tropical locales against hordes of never-before-seen zombie types. Also, a new playable character class, fresh gameplay mechanics and drivable boats plunge you ever-more into the depths of what’s really lurking behind the deadly zombie infestation…
Pre-order DLC #1: The Survivor Pack
- A BBQ Blade! This special pre-order pack contains an exclusive weapon only available here! How better to dispose of the wretched zombies than with a sharp blade? Add in some workbench-modifying and hook it up to a few fuel tanks to bring some heat to a zombie’s heart! The so-called “BBQ Blade” lets you wade through zombie hordes with ease!
- An XP/stats booster! Want that extra edge to level up faster than your peers? Here’s your chance!
- A special shop! The Survivor Pack will grant you access to a shop offering a special discount on weapons and items! Happy shopping!
- The Survivor Pack DLC will be made available to everyone who pre-orders the game before its release in regions where it is available.
Pre-order DLC #2: Fashion Victim
- Tired of seeing your character go around wearing the same clothes all the time? The “Fashion Victim” pre-order DLC includes a set of new skins for all the player characters (Logan, Purna, Sam B., Xian Mei, and “the new guy” John Morgan) in co-op mode.
The availability of this DLC with a pre-order may depend on what country you live in, so make sure to check in with your local game store or online retailer before purchasing. The content will be released individually for those that don’t pre-order and should be available for purchase right at launch on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, PlayStation Network, and Steam.
Other Digital Musings: